Preparing for the CBNS Exam
The certification examination requires significant preparation with emphasis on certain content domains outlined in the CBNS℠ study guide. The nutrition textbooks listed below contain much of the material outlined in the Domains section. Inclusion of these nutrition textbooks does not constitute an endorsement by the CBNS of their entire content nor imply a guarantee that candidates will be successful in passing the certification examination after reading them.
- Berdanier C, Dwyer J, and Feldman, E, Handbook of Nutrition and Food, 2nd ed., CRC Press 2008
- Bowman B, Russell RM, Present Knowledge in Nutrition, Vol. I and II, International Life Sciences Institute, 9th ed., 2006
- Escott-Stump S, Nutrition and Diagnosis-Related Care, 6th ed., Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins 2007
- Gropper, Smith, and Groff. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (5th ed, 2008).
- Hark L, and Morrison, G, Medical Nutrition and Disease: A Cased-Based Approach, 3rd ed., Blackwell Publishing, 2003
- Pagana, Kathleen Deska PhD RN, Timothy J. Pagana MD FACS, Mosby’s Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests
- Shils M, Shike M, Ross AC, Caballero B, and Cousins R, Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease, 10th ed., Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins 2006
We recommend purchasing the CBNS Exam Study Guide for further guidance when preparing for the CBNS exam.