About the CBNS
The Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists℠ is the premier certification body providing credentialing of nutritioncare professionals with advanced degrees and training in nutrition science.
The CBNS mission is to advance human health through the science and practice of professional nutrition care. Certified Nutrition Specialist professionals are on the front lines using medical nutrition therapy to battle the epidemic of obesity and chronic disease, and the CBNS supports these efforts and certifies nutrition professionals that maintain the highest standard of nutrition competence.
The CBNS has developed a rigorous certification of professional nutritionists, based on education and experiential eligibility criteria as well as the ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills through a formal examination process.
Attaining the Certified Nutrition Specialist℠ credential attests to the qualifications, advanced skills, and professional stature of a nutritioncare professional.
In addition, the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists℠:
- Is dedicated to the advancement of basic and applied nutritional sciences and to their ethical and humanistic application to the betterment of the human condition;
- Recognizes the need for strong scientific training and advanced education for professional nutritionists;
- Supports the participation of professional nutritionists in independent evaluations of scientific data and related literature without fear of persecution, political reprisal, or loss of credential;
- Encourages all nutritionists to uphold these fundamental principles.
The following are the President and Vice Presidents of the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists:
- President: Sidney J. Stohs, PhD, CNS, FACN, ATS
- Executive Vice President: Jeffrey Blumberg, PhD, FACN, FASN, CNS
- Vice President: Jeffrey S. Bland, PhD, CNS, FACB, FACN
- Vice President: Corinne L. Bush, MS, CNS
- Vice President: Stanley J. Dudrick, MD, CNS, FACN
- Vice President: Jonathan W. Emord, JD